It’s no secret that car audio has come a long way in recent years. The days of deteriorating sound quality are behind us with the birth of car amplifiers.
Recently, advancements in car electronics have made it possible for amplifiers to integrate Bluetooth connectivity as a feature. You can now use an amplifier to stream music, podcasts, etc., on the go from your smartphones and Bluetooth-enabled devices without needing a head unit. Of course, it will still retain its other properties.
Today, several brands have manufactured their Bluetooth amplifiers, but only a few have gotten it right. But how do you know which one to buy? That’s where we come in!
In this article, we will discuss in detail 10 of the best Bluetooth car amplifiers on the market.
Top 5 Best Bluetooth Car Amplifiers – Quick Summary
If you find yourself with too many distractions and not enough time to read the full article, we’ve got your back. This is a summary of some of the top-ranked Bluetooth amplifiers on our list.
1. Overall Best: BOSS Audio Systems MC900B 4 Channel Weatherproof Bluetooth Amplifier
This powerful and versatile amplifier offers excellent sound quality, Bluetooth streaming, and easy installation. It is weatherproof, so you can fix it in your marine vehicles. Also, it has a USB charging port that charges USB devices.
2. Best Budget-Friendly Bluetooth Car Amplifier: Pyle Auto 4-Channel Marine Amplifier
This automotive/marine amplifier is designed to give your car’s audio system a boost, while also providing crystal-clear music streaming via Bluetooth. It also comes with a waterproof iPod/MP3 3.5mm-to-RCA adaptor, so you can enjoy playing your favorite audio files from your iPod/MP3 player. All these features, yet it comes at a very affordable price, making it a great option for those on a tight budget.
3. Best Marine Bluetooth Car Amplifier: Kenwood Kac-M1824BT Compact 4-Channel Class D Amplifier
If you’re looking for a Bluetooth car amplifier that will give you great sound quality and marine protection, the Kenwood KacM1824BT is a great option. It’s designed to be used in humid or wet environments, and it offers superior sound quality compared to other models on the market. Plus, its water-resistant remote can stay submerged completely in 12.5 L of water for up to 3 minutes without having any issues.
4. Best for Clear And Accurate Sound: Sony XM-GS6DSP GS Series 6/5 Channel Class-D Bluetooth Amplifier with DSP
This amplifier will give you the sound quality and clarity to hear every detail of your music. It powers speakers so perfectly and effortlessly that it’s hard not to be captivated by what they’re playing. Plus, it has a unique time alignment feature that redirects signals from your car speakers to ensure that you’re in the right sound field for a more natural listening experience.
5. Best Compact: Soundstream ST4.1000DB Stealth Series Class D 4-Channel Amplifier
This amplifier is small enough to fit in almost any vehicle, and it provides clear, crisp sound that will make any drive more enjoyable. It’s not the most powerful amplifier on the market, but it delivers decent sound quality while remaining relatively affordable.
10 Best Bluetooth Car Amplifiers:
1. Kenwood Kac-M1824BT Compact 4-Channel Class D Amplifier
The Kenwood Kac-M1824BT is a compact 4-channel class D amplifier, perfect for anyone looking for outstanding sound quality without sacrificing space.
It has a peak power of 400 watts and drives 45 watts of RMS power to each of its four channels at 4 ohms impedance — that’s more than twice the power of most vehicles!
This amplifier adds extra clarity and impact to the basic sound system of practically any vehicle, and it fits in several locations where space is limited.
With an onboard conformal coated circuit board and plastic connectors, this little guy won’t get damaged by moisture or saltwater.
So, you can use the amplifier in your marine vehicles, such as boats, ATVs, to name a few. It will also quadruple the power of a conventional CD receiver when used with an in-dash receiver.
The Kenwood Kac-M1824BT amplifier has an integrated Bluetooth to stream saved music, internet radio, podcasts, and other content from a Bluetooth-enabled device without needing a head unit.
Kenwood included a water-resistant remote control that allows you to operate the amplifier functions anywhere in your car or marine vehicle. The remote control can be submerged completely into 12.5 L of water for up to 3 minutes without having any issues.
However, this amplifier lacks gain and volume controls. So, if you connect a radio with no button, it will blast the song at maximum volume, which is a pain in the ears.
- It is an automotive and marine amplifier with water resistance.
- It comes with a remote control that has an IPX-5 certification.
- Its Bluetooth connects easily.
- This amplifier is compact and doesn’t take up much space.
- It delivers impressive power and sound quality, thanks to its advanced circuitry.
- This amplifier doesn’t have gain adjustment and volume buttons.
- It may not last more than a year.
2. Sony XM-GS6DSP GS Series 6/5 Channel Class-D Bluetooth Amplifier with DSP
In terms of car audio, there are few bigger names than Sony. The electronics giant has been producing quality automotive gear for decades, and their latest Bluetooth amplifier is no exception.
If you’re looking to take your sound system to the next level, the Sony XM-GS6DSP GS Series 5/6 channel Class-D Bluetooth amplifier should be on your radar.
This Bluetooth amplifier features 5 channels of 780W RMS power with time alignment. Connect tweeters and mid-range speakers to channels 1 and 2, woofers to channels 3 and 4, and mono subwoofers to channels 5 and 6.
The time alignment features redirect signals from your car speakers to ensure that you’re in the right sound field for a more natural listening experience. Plus, there are adjustable low-pass and high-pass filters for more accurate sound production.
The Sony XM-GS6DSP GS series Class-D Bluetooth amplifier amplification and built-in digital signal processing (DSP) allow you to fine-tune your sound output so that you can get the most enjoyment out of your music. With its Bluetooth connectivity, you can play/stream your favorite podcasts, audiobooks, and music from your smartphone or another device.
This amplifier’s strong, heat sink-integrated aluminum casing protects the amp during use, eliminating undesired vibrations and ensuring that music playback remains constant and accurate.
Plus, it can be easily installed in any vehicle, and it delivers exceptional performance no matter what you’re listening to.
Additionally, Sony has an app that allows you to adjust equalization speaker settings and volume levels from the convenience of your seat. However, the app is not very user-friendly.
- This amplifier features time alignment and DSP, ensuring you experience the best sound output.
- It has an app that allows you to tailor its sound production to your taste from your smartphone.
- Because of its compact size, you can install it anywhere in your vehicle.
- This amplifier doesn’t get excessively hot.
- The app is not easy to use.
3. BOSS Audio Systems MC900B 4 Channel Weatherproof Bluetooth Amplifier
When it comes to powering your car audio system, you want an amplifier that can deliver the power you need while also providing great sound quality. The BOSS Audio Systems MC900B 4-channel class A/B weatherproof Bluetooth amplifier can do just that and more.
Its four channels put out a power output of 500 Watts Max @4-Ohms and 94 Watts RMS @4-Ohm, so it can handle even the most demanding set-ups. Best of all, it comes at a very affordable price compared with other big names Bluetooth amplifiers.
With this amplifier, you can not only stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled device from your favorite apps like Spotify and Pandora but also enjoy crystal clear sound quality even when driving in harsh weather conditions.
It also includes a 20-foot wired remote control that lets you change the volume, track, and other system operations while driving.
The MC900B Bluetooth amplifier is weatherproof, so you can rest assured that it will hold up against light weather conditions. You can also use it on ATVs and boats. Its Class A/B circuitry ensures it has reasonably good efficiency, high-quality output, and low crossover distortion with high linearity.
The manufacturer, BOSS Audio Systems, equipped this amplifier with AUX-in for connecting the audio output to MP3 players. They also fixed pre-amp & low input outputs for connecting an extra amp, and a USB charging port to charge your USB devices.
The amplifier is protected from overheating by a thermal protection circuit that turns it off to cool down before turning it back on.
There’s also an electrical short protection circuit that shuts down the speaker if there’s a power outage. So, don’t be alarmed if your amplifier switches off without your knowledge.
- This Bluetooth amplifier is cheap and offers excellent value for money.
- It delivers great sound quality and fits tight spaces.
- It has a thermal and electrical short protection circuit that ensures it lasts.
- This amp comes with AUX-in, low input, pre-amp outputs, and a USB port.
- The amplifier may not last long.
4. VELEX TECH LTD Marine Bluetooth Amplifier
VELEX TECH LTD. has created a Bluetooth amplifier specifically designed for marine use. It is durable and efficient, making it the perfect addition to any boat, RV, or ATV vehicle.
This Bluetooth amplifier features a 4-channel that delivers an RMS power handling of 50W to produce a clear, crisp sound. Installation is easy and can be done in minutes, thanks to the included stainless steel mounting hardware in the packaging box.
Thanks to its Bluetooth RZRwireless connectivity, you can easily stream your favorite tunes from any compatible device (no head unit required).
This amplifier is waterproof and features a rustproof aluminum heatsink, allowing it to survive extreme environmental conditions. It has a 5V/1A USB port for charging your USB devices and an AUX-in for connecting other audio devices.
VELEX TECH LTD. included a waterproof (with silicone gasket) 3m wired remote with a 3-color LED indicator (USB/AUX/Bluetooth) for operating the amplifier underwater. Always keep the cable connection firm at all times because the wired remote features an S-terminal connector. You should know that the amplifier comes with a one-year guarantee.
- It’s the ideal amplifier for a boat, RV, or ATV vehicle.
- It comes with a waterproof wired remote.
- You can charge your USB-enabled device and connect an external audio device to the amplifier.
- It is inexpensive and offers good value for money.
- It doesn’t have a lot of power.
5. Soundstream ST4.1000DB Stealth Series Class D 4-Channel Amplifier
The Soundstream ST4.1000DB stealth series class D 4-channel amplifier is a great choice for drivers who want excellent sound quality in their car audio system. This amp delivers 90 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms) of power, making it perfect for powering a set of speakers.
It also features Bluetooth connectivity, so you can stream music from your phone or other devices without having to fumble with cords.
The ST4.1000DB Bluetooth amplifier has Class D circuitry and a MOSFET power supply with audiophile-grade IRTM transistors for clean, distortion-free music.
It comes with an array of protection features to keep it safe. These features include direct short, heat, and overload circuits that ensure your music will always sound great!
The company also used a hybrid aluminum alloy heatsink for efficient heat dissipation, so you can enjoy listening to your favorite music without worrying about the amplifier overheating.
Furthermore, this amplifier offers subsonic, high pass, and low pass crossovers that you can adjust to get the best sound possible. It also has a pass-through connector for connecting additional amplifiers in a daisy chain arrangement.
When you buy this amplifier, it comes with all the needed mounting kits and an installation manual. However, the installation manual is not so reliable.
- This Bluetooth amplifier is powerful and connects without issues.
- It offers subsonic, high-pass, and low-pass crossovers.
- There are direct short, heat, and overload protection circuits that ensure the amplifier lasts a while.
- It delivers clean, distortion-free music.
- The wiring instructions in the manual are incorrect.
6. Power Acoustik RZ52500DSP Razor Series 5-Channel Class D Bluetooth Amplifier with DSP
You’re probably familiar with the Power Acoustik brand. They make some pretty good car audio gear, and their RZ52500DSP amplifier is no exception. This 5-channel Class D Bluetooth amplifier can put out up to 2500W maximum peak power, 150 watts x 4-channel x 600W subwoofer channel @ 2-ohms, 100W x 4-channel x 400W subwoofer channel @ 4 ohms. It is a great option for anyone looking to seriously upgrade their sound system.
This Power Acoustik RZ52500DSP Razor series 5-channel amplifier includes the functions of a DSP to customize the sound output to your preference. The DSP can be connected to a computer through USB or over Bluetooth using the free Razor DSP app for iOS or Android smartphones.
Power Acoustik equipped this amplifier with an automatic hi-level signal sensor that senses sound signals from your audio system and turns on the power. It will stay turned as long as it doesn’t detect any more noise, which means you can enjoy music without worrying about static or interference!
Furthermore, it features the trilogy circuitry (direct short, thermal, and overload circuits) that protects amplifiers from bad current damage. Thanks to its die-cast aluminum alloy heatsink, it will never overheat. Plus, its sleek design will look great on any car, motorcycle, or marine vehicle.
- This amplifier features a DSP for tailoring music to your taste.
- It puts out a lot of power for running 4 sets of car speakers and a subwoofer.
- The DSP function can be accessed via a PC through USB or the DSP app for iOS or Android smartphones.
- It bangs for the buck.
7. Massive Audio TX48 Marine Compact Car Amplifier
Within the car audio industry, Massive Audio is a dominant force. The company produces high-quality amplifiers and other equipment that is popular among drivers especially in the USA. Whether you’re looking for power, quality, or both, Massive Audio has got you covered. We’ll be taking a look at one of their most popular products: the Massive Audio TX48 marine compact car Bluetooth amplifier.
This Bluetooth amplifier has a peak power output of 100 watts, an RMS power rating of 400 watts x 4-channel @ 2 ohms, 200 watts x 4-channel @ 4 ohms, and 800 watts x 2-channel in bridged mode to deliver high-quality sound.
It features Massive Audio’s proprietary 4-layer Class D PCB with surface-mounted components that withstand moisture and heat. And their 5-way protective circuitry, ensuring the amplifier’s longevity.
The Massive Audio TX48 marine compact car amplifier’s IP65 water resistance is attributed to its Dura-coated 320°F epoxy PCB and nickel-plated RCA inputs. You don’t need a head unit with Car Play or Android Auto to enjoy your music, owing to its unique Bluetooth features, which enable streaming of audio from smartphones using their optional UBT1 dongle.
This amplifier features a black anodized brushed aluminum heat-sink, punctuated with stainless-steel end caps that prevent it from corroding. It also supports docking ports. Overall, it is decent but quite expensive.
- This amplifier delivers on quality.
- It features 5-way protective circuitry that ensures it lasts long.
- Its unique Bluetooth is compatible with the Massive Audio UBT1 dongle that eliminates the need for a head unit with CarPlay or Android Auto.
- This amplifier is rated IP65 water resistance, so you can use it in your marine vehicles.
- Each model supports docking ports.
- It is expensive.
8. Lanzar (HTG558BT) 5-Channel Bluetooth Amplifier
The Lanzar HTG558BT is another good option if you want to improve your car audio experience. This unit provides a clear, crisp sound quality. It delivers 250W RMS x 4-channel + one 650W RMS subwoofer channel @ 4 ohms, 350W x 4-channel + one 1,500W RMS subwoofer channel @ 2 ohms. However, its subwoofer channel doesn’t have much power.
With its Bluetooth capabilities, you can control the amplifier from your smartphone or your favorite internet radio providers like Pandora, Spotify, or Heart, to name a few.
Furthermore, its Class D circuitry, MOSFET power supply, chrome RCA connections, and speaker screw-down terminals offer a stable connection between the amplifier and speakers, allowing for distortion-free sound output.
It also has a bass boost circuit, high-pass & low-pass filter controls, and stereo line outputs for the left and right channels.
Lanzar equipped it with safety features that allow you to stay confident while driving, even if your car’s speakers are old or not up-to-par. It has power and protection LED indicators that tell you when it is on and working. A soft turn on/off feature, so there won’t be any unexpected sounds. And lastly, overload and thermal protection, so it doesn’t get worked up.
- This unit provides a clear, crisp sound quality.
- It comes with safety features that ensure its durability.
- Its Bluetooth works well.
- The amplifier will last a long time.
- This Bluetooth amplifier subwoofer channel is not very powerful.
9. Pyle Auto 4-Channel Marine Amplifier
The Pyle Auto 4-channel marine amplifier offers you decent sound quality from your automotive or marine vehicle without having to sacrifice your budget. At a cost of under $80, this Bluetooth amplifier is a steal. It delivers 100W RMS x 4-channel @ 4 ohms and 300W RMS x 4-channel @ 2 ohms.
With its V2.0 Bluetooth, you can stream music from Bluetooth-enabled devices up to 30 feet away, even underwater, without music skipping or pausing.
Pyle Auto built this amplifier with extremely waterproof materials and rust-resistant coating on the PCB and mechanical casing to withstand mother nature. Its power protection circuitry and soft turn on/off features safeguard it from getting damaged due to bad current.
Designed for mounting possibilities in numerous applications, you can easily install it in a vehicle boat, ATV, or RV with the built-in mounting brackets and included hardware. It also has a wired auxiliary RCA audio connection and an integrated cable for simple installation.
When you buy this amplifier, it comes with a waterproof poly bag containing a waterproof iPod/MP3 3.5mm-to-RCA adaptor so you can enjoy playing your favorite audio files from your iPod/MP3 player and remote control for volume gain.
- The V2.0 Bluetooth of this amplifier connects easily and has a wide range of up to 30 ft.
- It works with all Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- It comes with a waterproof iPod/MP3 3.5mm-to-RCA adaptor for playing music from your iPod/MP3 player.
- There’s a remote control to regulate its volume gain from the palm of your hand.
- This amplifier is inexpensive and worth every penny.
- It may not last long.
10. BLAUPUNKT AMP1804BT Car Audio 4-Channel Class D Amplifier
Last on the list is the BLAUPUNKT AMP1804BT car audio 4-channel class D amplifier. This 4-channel Class D amplifier is similar to the majority of the others we’ve reviewed, but it’s especially good for scooters and motorcycles.
It delivers 100W RMS x 4-channel @ 4 ohms, 150 W RMS x 4-channel @ 2 ohms, making it perfect for driving a set of component speakers to get the most out of your music.
It also includes a built-in 5.0 lossless Bluetooth, so you can stream music from your phone or tablet without needing a head unit. Plus, the compact design makes it easy to install in even the tightest spaces.
Please be aware that a 30 Amp ATC type fuse must be removed for it to work correctly. You’d never know because there are no instructions for using the amplifier.
- This Bluetooth amplifier works best for scooters and motorcycles.
- It is compact and doesn’t give any issue with installation.
- The price of this amplifier is super affordable.
- Its sound reproduction is clear and it brings out bass tones.
- There are no instructions on how to use the amplifier.
A Bluetooth car amplifier is a great addition to your vehicle if you want the best listening experience without having to install a head unit. They are easy to install, so there’s no need for any installation work by technicians or other professionals.
To sum up, the 10 Bluetooth amplifiers on our list have been reviewed thoroughly, covering everything you need to know to find one that suits your needs. They consist of amplifiers perfect for automobiles, marine vehicles, and motorcycles. Whether it be sound quality or pricing, there is something for everyone on our list. Happy Shopping.