Nobody likes to carry around loose change in their car. So, you need a coin holder to keep things organized.
But the problem is that there are many different types of car coin holders on the market, and it can be difficult to determine which one will work best for your needs.
In this article, we take a look at some of the top-rated coin holder products on Amazon and show you how they compare side-by-side!
Top 5 Best Car Coin Holders:
1. Winnsty Coin Piggy Bank Saving Jar with Digital Coin Counter
The first product we considered was the Coin Piggy Bank Saving Jar from Winnsty, which has garnered a following as a solid, no-nonsense coin holder that works without any issues.
The case itself is made of durable ABS and PC, making it hard to damage unless you’re in the habit of dropping it on the floor.
You’ll find that it’s safe to be placed on desks or tables for that bit of change without having to worry about it breaking.
We also loved the simplicity of its coin-counting function. It works using 2 AAA batteries (not included). Slot the batteries in, and slip your money in through the coin slot, where it will automatically keep an accurate count of your savings.
Be a little careful that you don’t displace the slider when putting in coins, though.
- Large capacity of 2.5L
- Comes with +/- for manual tracking of coins
- LCD Display displays coin count
- Dimming of LCD Display tells you when to change the batteries
- This coin holder calculates the value of the coin by judging its size. If you nudge the little slider a bit, it won’t count the coin’s value correctly.
2. JAVOedge JE Coin Change Holder
This coin holder from JAVOedge isn’t just a suitable coin holder for your car. It’s also a non-intrusive, neat-looking little thing you can place on your side-table to count the change from the market.
The JAVOedge JE Coin Change Holder is by far the most accurate change holder we’ve seen yet, managing this by sorting your change into quarters, nickels, dimes, and pennies.
It’s a little smaller than the Coin Piggy Bank Saving Jar from Winnsty, holding up to 14 quarters, 18 dimes, 13 nickels, and 17 pennies in total. It’s more than enough for about 4-5 trips as long as you remember to empty the holder sometimes.
It does beat the Winnsty Coin Jar in one crucial field, though: since it has individual coin slots for different types of coins, you can easily retrieve the change you want without having to go rooting through the entire thing!
- Individual coin slots make it easy to get the coin you want
- The stylish coin holder easily blends in with your car’s interior.
- Removable lid for added convenience
- The cover’s hinge is fragile and can easily break if you don’t handle it carefully.
3. JoyTutus Coin Holder for Car Change
We checked out a lot of coin holders for this list, but none offered as much value for our money as the JoyTutus Coin Holder for Car Change. It’s also one of the most long-lasting and easy to use.
To begin with, it comes in a stylish black, minimalist color that fits into any darker or greyish interior without problems. It’s a universal coin holder suitable for most cars and RVs (and, well, you can just put it on a shelf or under your console, you know).
Unlike most of the coin holders we checked, this holder has two slots for quarters. Since we tend to pick up quarters the most, that’s a definite plus in our book.
Like the JAVOedge Change Holder, it comes with a lid. We did see that the cover can sometimes have a little difficulty closing, so be mindful of that.
And the slots for pennies fit dimes too. We think this thing’s adorable!
- Measured and designed for US dimes, nickels, pennies, and quarters
- Affordable and provides excellent bang for your buck
- It fits snugly into your car’s center console.
- It doesn’t come with a mounting provision.
4. Nadex Coin Organizer Pro – Car Cup Coin Holder and Sorter
All of these coin holders have something that they excel in, but there’s one product that did almost everything perfectly: the Nadex Coin Organizer Pro – Car Cup Coin Holder and Sorter!
Its most significant advantage is that this coin holder is just the size of the average coffee cup, allowing it to fit into most cars’ cup holder slots perfectly. Now, you don’t have to worry about your coin holder falling out because it’ll be secure in your cup slot.
Like the JAVOedge Coin Change Holder, it holds four different types of coins in four slots. The coins slide in and out with relative ease, too, letting you pay that annoying toll fee without rooting around in your wallet.
As a bonus, Nadex provides a double-sided adhesive that you can use to fix their coin holder to your cup slot.
- Fits into your cup holder for easy placement
- Made of durable molded ABS plastic that won’t break easily
- Stores up to $15 of change
- The one problem we had with this coin holder was that it was shorter than expected, which made retrieving coins difficult.
- It can also wobble if you have a large cup holder.
5. Yolcar Car Coin Storage Box
At first glance, the Car Coin Storage Box from YOLCAR might seem precisely like the JAVOedge JE Coin Change Holder. However, we soon realized that this product was far more durable and came at less than half the price!
Its high-quality ABS plastic design gives it both durability and convenience, allowing you to slide coins in and out without having to use another hand to keep the coin holder steady.
From our research, the coin springs that the coin slots use will keep working for longer than most other coin holders, but we did notice that if you’re not careful in securing the coin holder, the springs can quickly get damaged.
- You can easily mount this with double-sided tape.
- Efficiently working design that doesn’t jam up.
- You can flick up the lid with a single finger.
- Unique spring design helps you retrieve coins easily.
- The plastic is high-quality but very thin and can get damaged or broken if you’re not careful how you mount the holder.
- Many customers complained of receiving used and refurbished products, meaning the affordability of this product comes with a slight risk.
6. JoyTutus Coin Holder For Car, High Capacity Coin Holder
Remember the earlier JoyTutus coin holder? That’s not the only one from them we recommend: If you pick up a lot of change outside (we know, those pretzels are delicious), you’d better off going for the JoyTutus High Capacity Coin Holder.
This coin holder is larger and comes with expanded capacity, holding about $15 in change. If you’re the type to go for specifics, that’s 31 nickels, 35 quarters, 40 pennies, and 45 dimes.
Like the smaller JoyTutus Coin Holder, this cup holder is widely compatible with most cars and RVs cup slots, except with one difference. Its length and width fit almost perfectly, unlike the earlier listing, which tended to wobble around.
From what we see, you don’t have to treat this like fragile glass since the plastic can take quite a bit of punishment before getting bent or dented.
- It fits snugly in center consoles, cup holders, and even door-cup holders.
- Expanded coin capacity means you don’t have to empty the holder every week.
- Heavy, durable plastic keeps the coin holder from shaking out of your cup slot.
- There’s no way to open the holder and get all your change out in one go.
7. Zentro Car Console Seat Side Coin Holder Cup
The Car Console Seat Side Coin Holder Cup from Zentro isn’t a Coin Holder. It’s a one-stop solution for storing anything you want to, from your change to your wallet, keys, and even your phone!
It’s made of plush, high-quality PU Leather that adds a classy look to your car and fits perfectly between the seat and center consoles of most cars using strong adhesive tape provided with the product. The leather is highly water-resistant too.
This organizer has slots to hold your sanitizer bottle (and we recommend having one), a retractable tray to hold your bottle drinks, a coin box for your spare change, and a wide drawer-like space for things like your keys and phone or other miscellaneous items.
It does come with a caveat, though: the Car Console Seat Side Coin Holder Cup is also the priciest product on this list, which can make it a little undesirable.
- Adds a cup and bottle holder to your car’s center console
- You can draw out the coin box to retrieve change.
- Storage space can fit smartphones up to 6 inches.
- The cup holder won’t fit anything more than a small-sized cup.
Okay, so this was a bit of a difficult one. We loved the Coin Piggy Bank Saving Jar from Winnsty for its 2.5L storage size, but the Coin Holders from JoyTutus were almost as good because of the convenience they offered.
We’re not even mentioning the Zentro Car Console Seat Side Coin Holder, an absolute dream for anybody with a messy car.
Still, after considering the pros and cons of each, we decided on the winner: The JoyTutus High Capacity Coin Holder.
Its usual online price makes it more expensive than most of the products here, but it’s a definite upgrade from all of them. It stores a huge number of coins, and unlike the Winnsty Coin Jar, doesn’t even mix them all up.