A spare tire subwoofer makes it possible to travel while listening to music and having a good time. The bass enhances the strength and appeal of music for most individuals, making it more enjoyable to listen to.
We understand that every car owner has unique desires and needs. To streamline the process of picking up the perfect sub, we’ve compiled some of the best spare tire subwoofers that may make your car seem like a music room.
Ready to get into the article yet? Let’s get started.
Best Spare Tire Subwoofer Picks:
1. Cerwin-Vega VPAS12ST Spare Tire Subwoofer
Several of the best designs at the time were challenged when Cerwin Vega VPAS12ST was initially released to the market a few years ago. And it’s been able to hold on to its reputation as a dependable, strong, and top-performing subwoofer over the years.
Cerwin Vega’s power comes from the amplifier that’s integrated right in. Its loudspeakers have no problem delivering the decibels to you and everyone else in the car.
It works best if you put it in your spare tire to get the finest sound. There are many people who want a subwoofer that can fit right beneath their seat without any issues. This can be a perfect solution for those people.
In a nutshell, we chose the Cerwin Vega VPAS12ST because it is one of the most powerful spare tire subwoofers we’ve ever heard. If you’re looking for the greatest sound and don’t mind spending a few hundred dollars, this is the way to go.
- 600 watts is the maximum output power.
- Bass Boost & Control Knob (0-12 dB)
- RMS output power of 150 watts
- frequency range: 20 Hz to 150 Hz.
- 6-inch x 11.1-inch x 3.15-inch
- Weight gain of 5 pounds
- A satisfying and exhilarating audio experience is made possible by the impressive bass quality.
- The process of setting up the system is simple and easy.
- Design that can fit into the tiniest or most constrained area.
- Installation is a breeze.
2. Rockville RockGhost – Best Heavy-Duty Spare Tire Subwoofer
Do you know what makes this subwoofer remarkable? The clear and natural sound production with just the right amount of bass without adding any extra noise or vibration.
Another fascinating element of Rockville is its air-ported design, which makes things a step farther than other spare tire subs could.
You can trust Rockville to provide you with a high-quality listening experience that is free of any unwanted noises or vibrations.
There’s also a 20-foot wired remote control included. Changing the sound of your subwoofer is as simple as pressing a few buttons. You won’t have to struggle with music fatigue at the end of the day due to this. With easy control, you’ll have it comfortable all day long.
Plus, the unit is by far the most cost-effective alternative available to you. Compared to other spare tire subwoofers, it is not as well praised but it works great and costs substantially less than most other models.
- 800 watts of maximum output
- The frequency range from 20Hz to 250Hz
- An output of 200 watts RMS
- Cast aluminum body dimensions: 5 x 18.3 x 12.4 inches
- weight of 14 pounds
- Incorporates smoothly into your spare tire rim
- Doesn’t occupy a single square inch of trunk space.
- Enhances your listening experience by delivering a clear and even sound.
- To improve sound quality, a wired remote control can be used.
- Under the seat installation may not be suited to this design.
3. JBL Basspro Hub
It’s the perfect option for individuals who are aficionados of high-quality bass, or those who simply can’t get enough of awe-inspiring sound.
It’s impossible to go wrong with the JBL Basspro Hub in your car. This subwoofer is a little bit more expensive than the regular spare tire subwoofers, but the money spent on this will be well spent due to its durability, sound quality, and ease of installation.
The subwoofer’s crisp, deep bass sounds great, and it doesn’t take up a lot of room in the trunk. Solid and powerful sound is delivered without interference or distortion for a good amount of time, and it doesn’t overheat like many other low-priced models.
Using the connected remote control, you can quickly alter or customize the sound settings to meet your needs.
To further reaffirm its status as one of the greatest subwoofers for those who don’t want to occupy a lot of room in their vehicle, the JBL Basspro Hub’s ease of use/operation is seamless.
Even during the installation process, you won’t have to stress or feel annoyed. However, connecting the subwoofer to your music system does not necessitate any prior technical knowledge or experience on your part. You buy it, get it delivered at your doorstep, and can enjoy it within a few moments.
Everything you need to get the task done is included in the package. To install and configure, simply follow the instructions in the included installation guide.
Do you know another reason why it’s such a great option? There’s a one-year manufacturer’s guarantee on the JBL Basspro Hub, but based on experience, you won’t need it.
- Frequency range: 30Hz to 150Hz
- 0 to 12 dB bass boost
- 400 watts is the greatest power that can be generated.
- 200-watt RMS output power
- Dimensions are 73 x 16.73 x 9.25 inches.
- Weight of six pounds
- Maximizes available space by fitting perfectly inside the spare tire.
- Produces an incredible sound (clean and deep bass)
- Installation is simple.
- Wired remote control is included so that you can fine-tune and customize your listening experience.
- An inline fuse and no amp wiring kit are required for installation.
- A bit expensive
4. CDT SUB -15H AUDIO
CDT Audio SUB -15H is our fourth recommendation on this list. The price of this subwoofer is neither expensive nor cheap, it falls somewhere in between. For those who can afford a subwoofer in the mid-price bracket, this is an excellent alternative.
Even though it lacks the power of the more expensive models on our list, the durability of the unit is excellent.
Putting this product together was made possible by the high-quality materials employed in its construction.
You’ll get everything you need to hook up your spare tire to the vehicle’s audio system with this package.
It’s simple to put it where you want it, and there’s no hassle or effort involved.
There’s a good match between the frequencies and the best spare wheel subs. It has a diameter of 15 inches, making it significantly larger than comparable subwoofers. If you’re looking for a low-cost way to increase your audio without spending a lot of money, this is an excellent choice.
Due to its size, you may need to check to see if your spare tire is big enough to handle the installation.
- The frequency range of 40Hz to 150Hz
- The maximum power output is 380 watts.
- Supply voltage of 4V D.C.
- Enclosure/casing made of cast aluminum
- Diameter & Height of 1 inch and 5/7 inch respectively
- Intuitive setup
- Easy operation
- Long-lasting and high-quality construction
- Powerful, though not as much as the premium models.
- Tires may need to be a little larger for some.
5. Seismic Audio – Hide-A-Bump88
Seismic Audio’s Hide-A-Bump88 bass head offers a cost-saving alternative to expensive models like JBL or Cerwin Vega.
Despite its smaller (8-inch) woofer compared to some of the other subs we’ve looked at today, this sub proves that size doesn’t always matter. An integrated 400W amplifier and dual aluminum woofers ensure that you’ll be able to enjoy the best possible balance of bass.
It’s important to keep in mind that some of the top picks listed earlier may be more powerful options for you. However, if you’re just looking for a little extra bass to get your jam on, this is a good option.
- Dual 8-inch Active Subwoofers for Spare Tire
- The rated power is 400 watts at its peak.
- Dual 5×8 Aluminum Woofers with a Sealed Aluminum Cone and Specially Treated Foam Surround Built-In Class D Amplifier
- Dual 2 Ohm impedance
- Frequency Resonance range: between 40 and 150 Hz
- Crossover frequencies range from 50Hz to 100Hz.
- 92 dB of sensitivity
- Inputs: Speaker and RCA input levels
- 20-foot wired remote
- Built-In Class D Amplifier in a Sealed Enclosure
- Dual aluminum woofers
- When put in the spare wheel well, it cannot be removed.
6. Universal Replacement Spare Tire Alpine SWT-10S2
In this business, Alpine SWT-10S2 is another well-known spare tire subwoofer. It’s more convincing and adorable as a bass provider because of its 100W – 350W recommended power range. If you’re looking for a way to enhance your listening experience, this is it.
In case you’re looking for a bass unit that’s created of aluminum that’s spiral cut, this is it. Bass can be readily maintained at a volume level. In addition, it features a high-quality black carpet and MDF as well as an integrated amplifier.
Changing the volume of your car’s audio system is simple. You’ll get a woofer with 26 x 25 x 8-inch dimensions.
- Poly-Mica Dust Cap & Pulp-Kevlar Polyurethane Foam Surround H.A.M.R. Surround Technology recommends a power range of 100W to 350W.
- High-Temp 4-Layer SVC Winding 8AWG Push Terminals on a Spiral Cut Aluminum Former 65mm Voice Coil.
- Depth of the top-mount: 4-3/16″ Diameter of the mounting: 8-15/16″
- Frequency response ranges: 30 Hz to 200 Hz
- An 84.8 dB level of sensitivity
- Amplifier built-in
- Superior Black Carpeting of the Highest Grade
- Easy-to-adjust audio system
- Powerful subwoofer for bass
- Little bit pricey
7. Infinity REF1000S
Infinity’s newest Reference subwoofer, the 1000S, offers remarkable flexibility in terms of placement. Even the smallest enclosures will allow you to enjoy the full power of their bass because of their low-profile design.
Regardless of one’s budget, anyone can select this option because of its effectiveness and affordability. Infinity’s latest Reference subwoofer, the 1000S, delivers high, deep, and powerful bass, making it a remarkable addition to any car audio system.
At frequencies as low as 27Hz, polypropylene woofer cones produce an outstanding bass response. However, the Harman Proprietary SSITM (Selectable Smart Impedance) on these subwoofers is what sets them apart. This feature allows the subwoofer to present the amplifier with either a 2- or 4-ohm load by simply flipping a switch.
This subwoofer, despite its low-profile design, provides the best quality deep, clean sound with adjustable bass. In addition, it can be used to block out other noises that may be bothering you. Your car’s performance will be boosted thanks to its deep and crisp sound.
- Design with a low profile
- SSI developed exclusively for Harman (Selectable Smart Impedance)
- OEM-level reliability testing at 89dB sensitivity
- 35 Hz – 175 Hz range of frequency response
- Provides great bass response at low frequencies
- Incredible installation versatility
- Helps to block out other distracting noises.
- Low profile design
The Best Subwoofer For a Spare Tire: What to Look for When Shopping
Reference to our discussion of the finest spare tire subwoofers for car owners, this guide would be incomplete without discussing the solid and precise information on what a person should consider when deciding on the best product to buy.
Don’t forget to take the subwoofer’s dimensions into account when making your purchase. A perfect fit for your vehicle should be confirmed.
In order for your spare tire subwoofer to work well, it needs to be able to accommodate the installation of your design choice and not take up any extra room.
Keep in mind the importance of having high-quality bass. This is where a subwoofer with a built-in amplifier comes in.
Your stereo’s overall performance will be enhanced if you purchase a model with strong bass capabilities.
You will be proud of the performance, and others will notice and appreciate it as well.
Complex or difficult-to-install designs might be found on the market.
Some of these products may require the services of a professional installer or mounter to be properly installed or mounted. Choose a subwoofer that comes with everything you need to install it, including the installation manual.
You should care as much about the subwoofer’s durability as you do about its sound quality. Consider cast aluminum or other high-quality materials when purchasing a new product.
High-quality materials used in the construction of a subwoofer ensure its long-term dependability, stability, and longevity. Regardless of how intriguing or appealing the price may be, stay clear from things that are really inexpensive.
If you’re lucky, they can last for a few months before breaking or malfunctioning. Instead of squandering your money on a high-end model, look for a less expensive option that’s just as good. It’s safe to say that all of the products in this list are built to last for a long time.
These items have a lengthy history of being both durable and long-lasting.
There are many subwoofers worth your money, with the Cerwin-Vega VPAS12ST being the greatest spare tire subwoofer.
Using a wide range of outstanding features, it provides a deep and firm base that increases your audio experience occasionally, owing to its dependability and a wide range of outstanding features.
If you are still not sure about which subwoofers to purchase, you should get one from the top 3 of this list. Be sure to read through this shopping guide and compare products side by side before settling on one that best matches your needs and your budget.
You can’t go wrong with any of the options. All the items on this list provide long-term, high-quality performance.
We really hope that the article has been useful in assisting you in your search for the appropriate subwoofer.