With so many car stereo models to choose from, it can be hard to know which one will suit your needs best. For those looking for a car stereo with HDMI input, we have found some of the perfect devices!
Top 5 Car Stereos with HDMI Input:
1. Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX In Dash Multimedia Receiver
Choosing a car stereo is never an easy task, and no matter which product you choose, you’re going to be making some trade-offs.
That’s why the first listing here is a product that sacrifices easy installation for the sake of smooth, uninterrupted performance: the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX In-Dash Multimedia Receiver!
This double DIN car stereo with HDMI input comes with Wi-Fi connectivity built-in and is designed to support a totally cable-free connection between your smartphone and your car.
Speaking of smartphones, it’s compatible with both Apple Car Play and Android Auto wireless.
And that’s not it. You’ll also find Wi-Fi Miracasting capability on this device, though after a little digging, we found out it only supports Android mirroring for nexus and pixel phones, so it’s probably not the best for Apple users.
- Quick and responsive touch screen compared to most lower-end models
- Connects via Bluetooth to two phones simultaneously
- Screen folds down to reveal space-efficient DVD and SD-Card slots
- Sound quality is a huge upgrade from stock speakers
- If you don’t have experience installing stereos, you’ll need a pro to perform the complex installation.
- The glare is very noticeable on sunny days, and can make the screen unreadable.
2. Alpine iLX-F309 HALO9 9″ AM/FM/audio/video Receiver
If you want a stylish, modern, and above all, an easy-to-use stereo that’s still somewhat affordable, you can’t do better than the Alpine iLX-F309 HALO9 9″ Receiver.
Installation, which was the major problem with the previous Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX Multimedia Receiver, is easy with this receiver because it uses a standard 1-DIN chassis.
Having said that, it doesn’t lack in features either. The Alpine iLX-F309 works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto both.
We loved the HD Radio Tuner that comes built-in, displaying album art, song titles, and station info as well. For connectivity, you’ll find one HDMI input slot, along with the product being SiriusXM-ready for a little entertainment.
It also comes with iDatalink for parking assist display, which the Pioneer product doesn’t include.
- Playback for FLAC/MP3/AAC/WMA music files and MPEG4/AVI video files via USB
- Bass Engine SQ for adjusting crossover settings and bass sound type
- Hands-free calling and audio streaming using Bluetooth
- Large 9” VGA display for increased viewability
- From what we’re seeing, you can sometimes encounter glitches when using CarPlay on this receiver.
- It’s a little more expensive than the other alternatives on this list.
3. Stinger HEIGH10 10 Multimedia Car Stereo
We thought it was very, very expensive for a car stereo, but we’d also be lying if we didn’t say that the Stinger HEIGH10 10 Multimedia Car Stereo outperformed almost every other option on this list by a mile.
The first thing that we noticed was the wide, 10-inch touchscreen, coming in a 1024 x 600 resolution. For once, the screen comes with an actually effective anti-glare coating.
Where do we even start with the features? It supports CarPlay and Android Auto, along with hands-free Bluetooth for incoming and outgoing calls so you don’t end up with a ticket.
For entertainment, the stereo supports SiriusXM. Besides that, you can also connect DVD-players and streaming devices to the HDMI input slot.
- 4 camera inputs (one backup, two side, and one front) with automatic activation
- Responsive 10” screen with above-average 600p resolution
- The integrated GPS with on-board map database doesn’t need a data connection.
- The UI and menus are easy-to-navigate even for inexperienced users.
- Ultra-high audio quality with perfect A/V sync
- Both CarPlay and Android Auto are noticeably laggy at times when using this stereo.
- Thick bezels that can bother some users.
4. Jensen JWM6A DVD|USB|AUX|HDMI| Wallmount Stereo
We were a little nervous about this particular pick, but a little research proved that while it does have some shortcomings for people who value versatility, music lovers will adore the Jensen JWM6A Wallmount Stereo!
This stereo uses 12 V DC power with AM/FM radio tuners. Initially, you’ll get 30 preset stations: 18 FM stations and 12 AM. It also has Bluetooth with AVRCP and A2DP audio streaming capability.
We noticed that the Jensen JWM6A was aimed towards audiophiles particularly, being APP-ready and coming with five preset Equalizer settings: User, Pop, Flat, Classical, and Rock.
And if all of that wasn’t enough for you, it comes with a CD/DVD/RW slot, along with a Low Battery Alarm and Alarm Clock for added convenience.
- JCOM-Link HDMI Video Output
- White LED backlight for easier viewing
- Comes with a fully functional wireless remote control
- Intuitive and clear design with excellent sound quality
- Skip-protected disk mechanism
- From what we saw, most sellers were retailing refurbished versions of this product. A bit of extra caution required if you choose to have this one for the car.
- Glare makes it hard to see the screen.
5. Sony XAV-AV5600 6.95″ Double-DIN Digital Media Receiver
Our last pick for radio with HDMI is the Sony XAV-AV5600 6.95″ Digital Media Receiver, though if we have any say in it, this fantastic product is nowhere near being the least.
This Sony stereo gives you bang for your buck with essential phone integration tools like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and in a surprise twist, also includes screen-mirroring with WebLink Cast.
When it comes to looks, we’ve got to admit, the Sony XAV-AV5600 is our favorite. Its appreciable expandability and 6.95-inch, the bezel-less display made it an instant hit with us.
The stereo has support for both Google Assistant and Siri for hands-free activation, and come on. Do we even have to talk about lightning-fast Bluetooth?
- Two rear USB input slots allow you to connect both your phone and a thumb drive
- Full sound 10-band equalizer for high-quality, lossless audio playback
- Extra Bass support for boosting low frequencies
- Super fast startup time means you won’t be waiting long to use it
- This multimedia stereo doesn’t, however, play CDs at all, which is definitely a reason to think before buying it.
- Needs a wired connection to the parking brake to work properly.
Okay, this was a tough one. All of these were really good products at reasonable prices (with the exception of the somewhat overpriced Alpine iLX-F309 Receiver), which made making a choice even harder.
We did notice, however, that one particular stereo gave the most bang for your buck, with over-the-top features that beat everybody else: the Jensen JWM6A Wall Mount Stereo!
Installing can be a slight problem, but if you can get a pro to take care of that, this stereo will provide the best combination of performance and excellent sound quality. The equalizer actually works and has a massive effect on the sound, so make sure you check that out!